Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Getting ready to trek

I have been training for the past 6 months so that I will enjoy being in the Himalayas on my 18 day trek.

I am feeling lighter as my belongings and responsibilities are lifted from me, and the date gets closer to get on the plane.

There are many details yet to attend to, wrapping up at work, saying goodbyes to some, and to others, "so long for now." Parts of this process are very hard. I picture myself actually climbing in Annapurna to get through those moments of doubt. Many friends encourage me daily, for which I am extremely grateful.

"...And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." —T. S. Eliot

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rain. I LOVE the look of the website. It reminds me that when I get ready to tour as a DJ or Rockstar, I'm coming to you for some costuming - something like Kiss meets Daft Punk.

    I'm very excited for you as you embark on your travels. Best of luck!

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited and look forward to your news when you get back from your trek. I check on you each day. Yes, even though I know not to expect to hear from you until April 15. Sorry I missed your call!!!

    ReplyDelete