Friday, March 26, 2010

A little rough spot, but soon trek begins!

Every big trip I have taken, about 2-3 days in there is a rough spot. For some reason once the haze of traval exhaustion has passed, and the wave of enthusiasm of everything being new, I hit a weary place where there are doubts. I have arrived in Pokura, ready to fly tomorrow to start the trek. I find myself wondering, did I train enough? Will I be able to do it? Do I have any business being here?

I know this will pass within 12-24 hours, it is just part of the deal. I think it is a natural part of my readjustment to turning my world upside down.

Two lovely things about today. A storm came through, and I had just got back to my hotel when it broke. I sat on a covered porch and watched for lightening and jumped several times when the crashing thunder rolled over. It cleaned the smoke out of the air, and the rain on the rooftops was soothing to hear. After that, Niraj and I took a stroll by the beautiful lake here. The sky was blue and pink, the jungle green hillsides around the lake. It could have been anywhere: Europe, Alaska, South America...felt very timeless and peaceful.

Niraj has been great, and Narayan (in Boulder) has called several times to make sure things are going well. I appreciate him checking on me.

Looks like I cannot afford to go through Tibet, even if it is possible. I am looking at other options.

Tomorrow I fly to Jomsom and hike 7 miles, and the trek will be underway.

Blessings to all. I am in the Himalayas! These blues won't last long.

2 comments:

  1. Sending you strength, joy, presence of mind, and may your hiking boots do well by you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all part of the adventure of life experiences. I am thinking of you and beside you each step of the way. Keep trekking Rain!

    ReplyDelete