Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pretty lights for company

I was able to get the last exit row seat so had tons of room on the 18 hour flight. What a blessing! A thin fog bank had come over the airport in L.A., so when we took off, we quickly came out above the layer and the fog was all lit from underneath, a sea of colorful light, with the blackness of the water showing through. It was beautiful. Then there was the Cheshire Cat moon, always a welcome sight. Over Alaska there was northern lights out my window, and the stars were winking at me whenever I checked.

I watched 5 movies, stayed up most of the night to start to shift to Nepal time. I feel pretty good.

More once I get to the Kathmandu. I'll also try adding pictures next entry!

1 comment:

  1. Love that northern lights were above Alaska, winking at you! That's a perfect analogy to your home being with you as you travel, inside and all around you! p.s. Google Reader pulled an amazing video starring Will that I enjoyed very much. :-)

    ReplyDelete